Meaningful discussion is a priority of the administrative team at Monroe-Gregg Schools. Ongoing, monthly discussion meetings with the Teacher Association have been the norm at Monrovia. Senate Bill 486 was enacted July 1, 2023 changing the mandate requiring discussion as we have known it in the past. One of the tenants of the bill was to open teacher-administrator discussions up to non-union teachers. Monroe-Gregg administrators are embracing this new bill and will continue monthly discussion meetings, but will change the format to include the opportunity for all teachers to have input in the process.
Monthly Discussion Procedures:
- Discussions will occur on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 3:00 P.M. in the Administration Office.
- If you have an agenda item or wish to attend, we kindly ask that you complete the Discussions Online form no later than the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
- Agenda items must be discussed with the building administrator prior to being submitted for district discussion.
- By RSVPing through the online form, you help to ensure adequate space is planned for the meeting. Location changes will be noted on the agenda.
- The agenda will be sent to all certified faculty by end of day on the Friday preceding the meeting.
- Meeting minutes will be sent to all certified faculty prior to the end of the month.