Welcome to Monrovia Middle!
pdf Click for Back to School News 2018-19
We are located in Monrovia, Indiana which is approximately 20 miles southwest of Indianapolis. We are a growing community south of Interstate 70 on State Road 39.
Monrovia Middle School strives to prepare students to meet the challenges of today, to become productive citizens and life-long learners by providing an appropriate standards-based curriculum in a safe, supportive environment where students can achieve academic, social, and behavioral success.
We, as educators, pledge:
- Students will demonstrate excellence and proficiency in all curricular areas as outlined in the Indiana State Standards.
- Staff members will participate in a variety of strategies to increase professional skill thus promoting educational growth for themselves and their students.
- Staff members will engage in an aggressive campaign to increase the student body’s proficiency in the communication skills of reading and writing.
The beliefs of the faculty and staff of Monrovia Middle School are:
- Every student will read with comprehension, write with skill, and communicate effectively and responsibly in a variety of settings.
- Teachers should be life-long learners.
- All members of the school community are responsible for their learning and should actively participate in their own education.
- All students are responsible for their actions and must be held accountable for their choices.
- All students will illustrate proficiency in all educational areas emphasized by the Indiana State Standards.